On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Tom Lane wrote:

"Sergey E. Koposov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Tom Lane wrote:
NOTICE:  database "contrib_regression" does not exist, skipping
ERROR:  too many active hash_seq_search scans
ERROR:  too many active hash_seq_search scans
ERROR:  too many active hash_seq_search scans
ERROR:  too many active hash_seq_search scans

With hash_seq_search ERROR, it was partially a false alarm. I've had some
old postgres daemon hanging around and writing that to the log.
Although I remember seeing that hash_seq_search message recently when
dealing with this bug, it does not show up in the course of standard
regression tests.

Yeah, it's not there on your buildfarm reports, but that's not totally
surprising.  I would expect it to start showing up after 100 failed
checkpoint attempts, which is how long it'd take the bgwriter's
hash_seq_search table to overflow ...

Yes, indeed. After several make installcheck's
I get
ERROR: too many active hash_seq_search scans, cannot start one on "smgr relation table" ERROR: too many active hash_seq_search scans, cannot start one on "smgr relation table"

Sergey

Sergey E. Koposov
Max Planck Institute for Astronomy/Cambridge Institute for Astronomy/Sternberg
Astronomical Institute
Tel: +49-6221-528-349
Web: http://lnfm1.sai.msu.ru/~math
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]