Hi,

Tom Lane wrote:
Well, you're probably fine with integers and text, but beyond that it
gets a bit more dicey.  I wouldn't want to assume that floats are
compatible across any random pair of architectures, and in the more
complex datatypes (such as arrays or geometric types) there might be
some impact from alignment rules.  (Or not, I'm too lazy to go look at
the moment.)

Okay, thank you for the hints, I'll go figure out.

Regards

Markus