* Tom Lane ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > Stephen Frost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >> I wonder if the OP was unhappy because he created a role w/ a pw and
> >> then couldn't figure out why the user couldn't log in?
>
> > Hm, maybe.  In that case just not filtering the entry out of the flat
> > file would be good enough.
>
> I've confirmed the confusing behavior in CVS HEAD.  With password auth
> selected in pg_hba.conf:
[...]
> Should we just do this, or is it worth working harder?

I certainly like this.  Honestly, I'd also like the warning when doing a
'create role'/'alter role' that sets/changes the pw on an account that
doesn't have 'rolcanlogin'.  Much better to have me notice that I goof'd
the command and fix it before telling the user 'go ahead and log in'
than to have the user complain that it's not working. :)

Just my 2c.

        Thanks,

                Stephen