Which is faster, where the list involved is fixed? My thought is that since it doesn't have to check a seperate table, the CHECK itself should be the faster of the two, but I can't find anything that seems to validate that theory ...

The case is where I just want to check that a value being inserted is one of a few possible values, with that list of values rarely (if ever) changing, so havng a 'flexible list' REFERENCED seems relatively overkill ...

Thoughts, or pointers to a doc that disproves, or proves, what I believe?

Thanks ...

----
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq