Michael Glaesemann wrote:

As they're individual inserts, I think what you're seeing is overhead from calling this statement 100,000 times, not just on the server but also the overhead through JDBC. For comparison, try

CREATE TABLE ciu_data_type_copy LIKE ciu_data_type;

INSERT INTO ciu_data_type_copy (id, loc_id, value3, value5, value8, value9, value10, value11)
SELECT id, loc_id, value3, value5, value8, value9, value10, value11
FROM ciu_data_type;

I think this would be more comparable to what you're seeing.

This is much faster than my previous solution, but, I also tested two other solutions
- a stored function with array arguments and it performed 3 times better.
- jdbc with COPY patch performed 8.4 times faster with text input, expect binary input to be even faster.

regards

thomas

      match