On 2014-06-30 11:34:52 -0700, Jeff Frost wrote:
> On Jun 30, 2014, at 10:29 AM, Soni M <diptat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > It is
> >  96.62%  postgres             [.] StandbyReleaseLocks
> >  as Jeff said. It runs quite long time, more than 5 minutes i think
> >
> > i also use hot standby. we have 4 streaming replica, some of them has
> > active connection some has not. this issue has last more than 4 days. On
> > one of the standby, above postgres process is the only process that consume
> > high cpu load.
>
> compiled with -fno-omit-frame-pointer doesn't yield much more info:

You'd need to do perf record -ga instead of perf record -a to see
additional information.

But:

>  76.24%  postgres                               [.] StandbyReleaseLocks

already is quite helpful.

What are you doing on that system? Is there anything requiring large
amounts of access exclusive locks on the primary? Possibly large amounts
of temporary relations?

Greetings,

Andres Freund