Horst,

> There are many more good reasons to do so. Example from my own
> domain,
> medicine:
> Thus, we have multiple databases on multiple servers all depending on
> each
> other.

Your reasons all make sense.  What you need is not inter-database
queries but a robust middleware layer, such as J2EE.   Your sort of
situation is why middleware exists.

If GreatBridge was still around, I'd reccommend you contact them, as I
knwo they implemented a solution for your sort of situation.  However, I
don't know who'd do it now.

-Josh

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://archives.postgresql.org