Steve Crawford wrote:
PostgreSQL Admin wrote:
I have a table ...

when I run this query:
select ndb_no, nutrient_no, nutrient_value from nutrient_data where ndb_no = 13473;

it produces:
ndb_no | nutrient_no | nutrient_value
--------+-------------+----------------
 13473 |         203 |          24.18

I want only certain nutrient_no (say 8 of them) and the nutrient values by ndb_no.
Not entirely sure I understand the question. Do you mean that for a given nutrient_no, you want the complete list of nutrient values? If so, it's just:

--Example for nutrient_no 203:
SELECT ndb_no, nutrient_value from nutrient_data where nutrient_no=203;

Cheers,
Steve

I would like to have multiple values nutrient_no:
ndb_no | nutrient_no | nutrient_value
--------+-------------+----------------
13473 |         203 |          24.18
13473 |         204 |          15.93
13473 |         205 |              0
13473 |         207 |            1.1
13473 |         208 |            247
13473 |         221 |              0

I'm thinking:
select nutrient_no, nutrient_value from nutrient_data where ndb_no = 13473 and (nutrient_no = '203' or nutrient_no = '204' or nutrient_no = 208);

Now is that the most efficient SQL query?

Thanks,