> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 04:48:50PM -0300, Jason Quinn wrote:
>   There are many many many grammar mistakes in the Programming from the
>   Ground Up
>   book. This is a shame because the book is quite good. There appears to
>   have been no changes to the text since 2004 or so. I'd like to update the
>   book's grammar. I'm confused how things work at Sourceforge though. I know
>   nothing about CVS and stuff. The whole site is rather confusingly
>   organized. This should be more or less just one source file. Do I just
>   check the latest version out, update it, and submit my change? Who would
>   approve it? The maintainers seem long gone.
>
>   Jason

Just a fan and book reader of Assembly, but I totally agree with you.  This
book is pretty darn good and, unlike other books, focused on Linux.

The only Assembly related Source Forge page I pull from Google is:
http://asm.sourceforge.net/resources.html

... which lists all Assembly projects/books/info.

The only page I know of related to "Programming from the Ground Up" by
Jonathan Bartlett is:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/pgubook/


Is the nongnu.org site what you meant to say instead of sf.net?

>_______________________________________________
>Pgubook-readers mailing list
>[email protected]
>http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/pgubook-readers


I believe we mentioned compiling all the errata/bugs and posting them someplace
4-6 years ago, but doesn't seem much progress was made on this.

Shame to see such a great little book mothballed!

-- 
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/

_______________________________________________
Pgubook-readers mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/pgubook-readers

Reply via email to