On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 7:30 PM, Aaron Garza <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ok so I know this book is quite dated but is it still a viable means of
> learning programming?
>

Depends - are you on a 32-bit or a 64-bit system?  I *think* you can make
it work with a 64-bit system if you have the 32-bit libraries installed and
include some extra command-line switches, but don't know what they are at
the moment.

Also, On page 2 of the book I am pointed to a link on Sourceforge.net. This
> link, however, is none functional and no such guide exists anymore.
>

Eeesh.  I remember that guide, but haven't tutored someone in Linux in a
while, so I don't know of a good one to replace it.  I would just move
forward.  I think it was just a basics guide about "cd", "ls", "pwd", etc.

Happy reading!

Jon
_______________________________________________
Pgubook-readers mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/pgubook-readers

Reply via email to