Hi,

On May 22, 2013, at 5:33 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22 May 2013 10:38, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.duca...@inria.fr> wrote:
>> I would use
>>
>> TextModelCore
>> TextModelExtensions
>>
>> TextModelCore-Tests
>>
>> No extra dash in the middle.
>
> nooooo :)
>
> But for tests, i +1, the names are not very good.
> For package:
>
> Package-Name-Tick-Tack
>
> tests should be in:
>
> Package-Name-Tick-Tack-Tests
>
> This convention used everywhere in pharo.

Please do not do that :).

If you do that, publishing Package-Name-Tick-Tack will publish the code from
Package-Name-Tick-Tack-Tests, too :). Why? Because we have a lovely implicit
one-to-many mapping.

So, the pattern I know of is to put the Tests as a discriminator before the
variable part of your code. So, something like:
- BaseName-Core
- BaseName-Tests-Core

But, the rule I apply more recently for code is to use - only for categories,
and camel case for the Monticello packages. Like this we also document what is
the unit of publishing, thus when you look into the code browser we also know
what is mapped on a Monticello package.

Cheers,
Doru

--