Hi:

On 25 May 2013, at 13:05, Camillo Bruni <camillobr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A couple of them are in Smark
>
> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~StefanMarr/SMark

SMark includes a pretty complete port of the Language Benchmark Game benchmarks.
(http://benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/)
Other people have been writing the benchmarks, and they are still in the CVS of
the benchmark game, I think.
The SMark version are slightly adapted but results should remain comparable.

That means, taking the benchmark collection, you should be able to compare to
all the other languages included in the benchmark game.

> On 2013-05-25, at 12:55, Esteban Lorenzano <esteba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I wonder if there are benchmarks around.
>> Also I wonder if there would be useful :)

DeltaBlue can be found here:
ftp://ftp.cs.washington.edu/pub/constraints/code/DeltaBlue/Smalltalk
Not sure how much effort it is to get it running in Pharo, but I would assume
it is pretty stand-alone. Not sure which Smalltalk it was written for thought.

GNU Smalltalk has a version of Richard's benchmarks:
https://github.com/gnu-smalltalk/benchmark/blob/master/Richards.st

Also looks pretty straight forward to get them running in Pharo.

Here is another version:
http://www.cs.middlebury.edu/~briggs/Courses/CS313-F10/smalltalk/stx/goodies/benchmarks/richards/RichardsBenchmarks.st

>> For "marketing" purposes I think yes: if we can put in the web page that we
>> are running those benchmarks, it is cool for "seriousness" (that, of course,
>> assuming the results will not be terribly bad :P)

The Benchmark Game benchmarks would get you quite a bit of the 'marketing'.
DeltaBlue and Richards won't hurt, and are also widely ported to other systems.

Best regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr