On 03 Jun 2013, at 18:08, Norbert Hartl <norb...@hartl.name> wrote:

> In order to use SOAP properly you need a full namespace aware xml parser, a
> xml schema parser, a WSDL parser plus code generator and the will to abuse
> HTTP completely .
> Even if you build a perfect tool you'll maybe face the not so perfect

Even using the Java stack with all its tools and frameworks, SOAP is still
terrible. Especially if you have to interface with Microsofts' idea of SOAP and
web services.

But Johan implied already that it would not be fun.

On the other hand, I think that XML Support _is_ namespace aware. So it would
not be too hard to actually generate/parse SOAP messages for real. You could
get already pretty far with that, IMHO.

Sven

PS: In another life I did http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-soap/ - it was
never perfect but it kind of worked to talk to Google AdWords.

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu