Easy answer to SOAP problems: IBM Datapower SOA Appliance.

http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/us/en/datapower/

I played with this one:
http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/us/en/datapower-xi50
Current stuff is
http://article.wn.com/view/2013/04/29/SOA_Software_Enables_REST_Services_on_IBM_DataPower_To_Help_/#/video

Short version: you shell out EUR 250K + IBM consulting fees and this
translates whatever SOAP you want into something readable and it does it
fast.

Note: this is one of the hottest selling products of IBM at the moment,
they ship it by the boatload to banks and organisations requiring heavy
security/regulations.

Putting Pharo behind this makes for a pretty good solution.

Phil