On 13 September 2013 02:06, Camillo Bruni <camillobr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Session is a class, not an instance that is a BIG difference.
> The same goes for VirtualMachine, OSPlatform, OSEnvironment etc.
> These are all classes, but you only work with their instances:
>
> OSPlatform current     == Smalltalk os
> VirtualMachine current == Smalltalk vm
> OSEnvironment current  == Smalltalk os environment
>
> and thus, it is quite natural to deduce
>
> Session current        == Smalltalk session
>
> it's all symmetric, not strange objects that have names like classes
> but are actually instances.

That's not the kind of symmetry i would like to see :)
It doesn't hurts to have 2 ways to do the same thing (Perl even armed this
'as a good thing' btw),
but to my taste there should be only one way, which frees me (as a user)
from unnecessary doubts and need to search for vague explanations from
system's authors.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.