I like that idea. At least some of the questions on the users list are not even
Pharo specific but regard Smalltalk in general. Those need not be answered by
us but can be answered by anyone with a Smalltalk background, be it VW, VA,
Squeak…

On the other hand (I'm not sure about this, since I don't read the users list)
there might be topics like job offers / searches, or more general discussions
on that list and moving to SO would kill those (one could argue that such
topics would be more suitable on pharo-dev…) since SO is strictly question and
answer orientated.

Another argument for closing the users list: Marcus wouldn't have to save two
lists the next time the servers go down :)

Cheers,
Max