On Oct 30, 2013, at 5:53 PM, Yuriy Tymchuk <yuriy.tymc...@me.com> wrote:

> This makes sense. But I have 2 opinions:
>
> 1) If we want something like markdown, why not to use Markdown?

because we will have to patch it anyway because it is uncomplete (missing
features for making decent book).

> 2) When I think about the book I think about something nice. I don’t think
> that markdown is good for books. That’s exactly what I encountered. I wanted
> to start with this updated version of RBE and wanted to use Gutenberg so it
> will be possible to put the book on iBook store and Amazon and read it on
> iDevices and Kindles. But When I started to rewrite latex source in Gutenberg
> I’ve found that a lot of details are going to be missing, because the is no
> support in Gutenberg for them.

Like what?
Be precise because we can extend gutenberg to cover these needs.
Because we took the previous pharo book macros and reduce the set.

> That’s my main question: why won’t we write books in ePub (because it the #1
> eBooks format) and confer it to .mobi (for kindles) as the formats can be
> converted without a problem.

Because with gutenberg+ we can generate
        - latex
        - markdown
        - html
        so you can add epub

I do not want to eith write doc or book or html I want one format to produce
them all.