The ESUG presentation this year was very comprehensive. I suggest making the
slides and sample code more prominent/easily accessible from the code.

Using the presentation, I tried to communicate with the portaudio lib (OSX
10.8.5, lib installed with brew).

I did:
PaInitialize
 <primitive: #primitiveNativeCall module: #NativeBoostPlugin>
 ^ self
  nbCall: #(int _Pa_Initialize())
  module: 'libportaudio.dylib'

The docs list the function name without the underscore, but nm revealed it
with a leading underscore.

For the module, I tried:
- full path to dylib link above
- fill path to actual versioned dylib file i.e. ...2.dylib
- symlinking both into the VM Plugins folder

I was thinking maybe this was the indirect function thing like chipmunk, but
even "self nbGetExtenalAddress: 'Pa_Initialize' module: 'libportaudio.dylib'
returned nil. I tried with and without the underscore, with the module
specified all four ways.

Thanks in advance for any guidance...

-----
Cheers,