On 24 Nov 2013, at 21:41, Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu> wrote:

> On 24 Nov 2013, at 21:18, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.duca...@inria.fr> wrote:
>
>> No you should not. 30 is really usable and we are in alpha.
>> Now removing the old code browser is a goal but we should not fool
>> ourselves.
>> Once all the tools are based on Spec, breaking/changing spec will let us
>> without back door.
>
> I don’t consider that a problem, on the contrary: eating your own dog food is
> good.
>
> BTW, in the past (old tools, old frameworks) the problem was the same.

When Camille last week tried to convince me to kill the old Compiler *now*
I said “but it’s so nice to be able to switch when changing the new”.
He replied: “But there was just one old Compiler, wasn’t there?”

And he is right.

What we need to do for real is to support multiple versions of code in the same
image… or multiple images where one can remote-devlope the other.
This would solve the problem for real.

        Marcus