I am also interested into making or contributing to something like this. I
think configuration browser is already there, simple to use, straight to
the point, no nonesense. The only thing it misses is an unistall button. I
was thinking also some nice graphics and maybe small description of
packages and a rating system with user reviews. Standard app store stuff.