El 08/12/2013 19:04, Torsten Bergmann escribió:
Hi Hernan,
the problem is not the button - but the missing standard and
standardized descriptions
on the configs...

I see. Let's attack the real problem then.

For instance I also write markup docu on my configs (see
ConfigurationOfINIFile) - it
is loadable as a usual config but adds two class side methods:
#documentation
and #tutorialOn: using the <onlineTutorial> pragma.
The documentation is stored as class comment in markdown format on the
ConfigurationOfINIFile class. I use the same description then for the
STHub project page.

I am not a big fan of pragmas, but if people is fine with them I can parse the markup. However I imagine that would require a parser preloaded in the image...

If one loads additionally the "PharoOnlineHelp" package afterwards it
will also appear
magically in my Pharo online help as a tutorial. This was my proposal -
but so far it looks
like nobody is really interested.

Maybe because often this ends in "which syntax" discussions and due to
the lack of
good in image default text display facilities for markup, pier-syntax, ...

Please let's take a decision and live with it. The real point is that only a friendly String saying "The selected package does this" would improve usability, specially for newcomers.

Do not forget we can just enforce a method in the ConfigurationOf...

packageDescription
  ^ 'My purpose is to blabla'

In general it can be done easily, but we have to agree on some kind of
"common standard"
for configurations and documentation on
  - how to describe a package (also the format, either markdown or pier
syntax with http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pier/Pillar
<https://3c.gmx.net/mail/client/dereferrer?redirectUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fsmalltalkhub.com%2F%23%21%2F%7EPier%2FPillar>)
  - how to name the methods or pragmas that are used
Stef also did something (with Catalog), the ConfigurationOfINIFile for
instance has two supporting
methods: #catalogDescription and #repositoryUrlString.
Still Catalog uses Pier and is not really visible - and STHub does
support markdown by default.

Ok, just waiting for a decision here.

As of today I would like to see Pharo moving into the following direction:
  - using the configs for describing the help/documentation/package
descriptions
  - also tagging with package categories (for instance there are
packages/projects for "database access", others for "parsers", or "games")
  - maybe use pier syntax for descriptions (it can be parsed by Pillar
and other formats like HTML, markdown, Latex, ... be generated)
  - generate pages like catalog
https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/PharoProjectCatalog/HTML_Report/?
     but with a better design and visibility like
"http://packages.pharo.org";
    together with a loadable list for the config browser
  - when one uploads such a ConfigurationOfMyKillerApp to STHub it
should automagically update the
     STHub description (which is currently only possible via the web
interface)
  - additional rankings (number of downloads like on STHub,  successful
CI builds, member rankings, ...)
  - automated verfication
  - ... <snip>lot of other ideas</snip>
Bye