On 20 Jan 2014, at 23:56, Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu> wrote:

> Hi Jean Baptiste,
>
> On 20 Jan 2014, at 21:51, Jean Baptiste Arnaud <jbaptiste.arn...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On 20 Jan 2014, at 19:32, Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Here is another step forward in getting Pharo 3.0 to run on a Raspberry Pi.
>>>
>>> Yes:
>>>
>>> pi@raspberrypi ~/Pharo-3.0 $ ../PharoRPi/PharoS -vm-display-null
>>> -vm-sound-null Pharo.image eval 'SystemVersion current'
>>> Pharo3.0 of 18 March 2013 update 30710
>>>
>>> pi@raspberrypi ~/Pharo-3.0 $ ../PharoRPi/PharoS -vm-display-null
>>> -vm-sound-null Pharo.image eval 'ZTimestamp now'
>>> 2014-01-20T18:21:50Z
>>>
>>> No errors.
>>>

>>> No:
>>>
>>> When doing something more complex, like:
>>>
>>> pi@raspberrypi ~/Pharo-3.0 $ ../PharoRPi/PharoS -vm-display-null
>>> -vm-sound-null Pharo.image eval --no-quit 'ZnServer startDefaultOn: 1701'
>>> a ZnManagingMultiThreadedServer(running 1701)
>>>
>>> The HTTP Server does respond normally to one request and then seems to hang.
>> Strange ...
>
> Yeah, I will retest tomorrow or so, the wireless adaptor on the Pi did act a
> bit up during testing, maybe that interfered, I don't know.
Here that can be a real issue.

>>> When running with a UI, the image comes up, draws everything but remains
>>> unresponsive otherwise.
>> I think it is because the UI is to slow and run in software only.
>> The raspberry completely overcharged by the ui.
>> I actually push fast bltbit, then we should have a slow but responsible UI  .
>
> Hmm, it really didn't do anything, I try again.

I integrate fast bltbit and after I will begin do really debug that.
I fight against the continuous integration platform ^^.

>>> No PharoDebug.log output.
>> Because that do not crash just over lag. Due to the UI.
>
> I just meant to say there were no errors ;-)
>
> Sending USR1 didn't reveal much either (no weird loops).
>
> I still think there is something wrong, does it work for you ?
If something do not work in headless mode, something going wrong.
But in non-headless mode, I do not give any pronostic until I integrate Fast
blt bit.
I work on it ^^.

> Sven
>
>>> Events ? Multi-processing ?
>>>

>>> How ?
>>>
>>> Use Jean-Baptiste's VM from here:
>>>
>>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/view/RaspberryPi/job/RaspberryPi-Compilation/40/artifact/results.tar.gz
>>>
>>> Take a stock 3.0 image and apply Pavel's unloadNB.st script (see the thread
>>> with subject unload all).
>>>
>>> So, we're getting closer...
>>>
>>> If anyone is interested, I could make some kind of all in one download.
>>>
>>> Sven
>>>

>> Best Regards
>> Jean Baptiste Arnaud
>> jbaptiste.arn...@gmail.com