Yes, indeed, the situation isn't pretty.

I've got Ukrainian acquaintances and everyone is very stressed out.

One this is that a lot of posts and info is in ukrainian and isn't getting
people too much concerned. People should post dual language things if they
want to get more support from the west as it is difficult to grasp what all
of this is about.

Being between the EU and Russia is not helping from a geopolitical point of
view.
This country is going to be torn for years to come. The EU is in a bad
shape and Russia is rising back to power.

$15 bn of bonds in the hands of Russia. Well, they'll not let trouble stay
for long and violence is going to erupt if you ask me.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2013/12/putin-ukraine-bailout-not-aimed-against-eu-2013121994816903211.html

But who knows, the human soul is ready to do a lot in cases like this.

Peace.

---
Philippe Back
Dramatic Performance Improvements
Mob: +32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: +32 (0) 70 408 027
Mail:p...@highoctane.be | Web: http://philippeback.eu
Blog: http://philippeback.be | Twitter: @philippeback
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/philippeback/videos

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101 | 1301 Bierges | Belgium

Pharo Consortium Member - http://consortium.pharo.org/
Featured on the Software Process and Measurement Cast -
http://spamcast.libsyn.com
Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect and Ability Engineering EADocX Value
Added Reseller