> too bad, this is not forum, where you can stick certain topics on top..
> because this one reoccurring on a regular basis and contributes nothing to
> answering
> the question :)
>
> but let me try to answer
>
> Why Smalltalk is not popular?

> because it's not.

This time I agree with Igor "extremely literal" answer.

Popularity is like "being cool", a social consequence out of your
control  (a fad most of the times), you can't "turn cool" with pure
will.

But there are some attributes that might put you in the "cool
technology" list some day:
* Simplicity
* Reliability
* Performance
* Modernicity
* Interoperability
* Ease of use

Among others.

I think that if you focus in what you do, do it the best you can, get
feedback from "foreigners" and work hard, ceteris paribus, the success
is inevitable.

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo