I totally agreed with "Apple is a product-driven company, not a
computing-driven company."

But part of the irony of his post occurs between his first and last statements:

First statement:   "When most programmers are introduced to Objective
C for the first time, they often recoil in some degree of disgust at
its syntax: “Square brackets? Colons in statements? Yuck"

Last statement:  "It seems absurd beautiful graphical applications are
created solely and sorely in textual, coded languages."

How much of the close-mindedness reflected by the 1st statement do you
suppose causes results described by his last statement?  Because if
developers are so fickle they can't even get to a superficial
improvement in _syntax_, they cannot open their minds to new ideas,
hence they stuck in the same ideas for 30 years.