Yes but... in Pharo strings are collections and a ton of things can be done
with collections already.
Other languages have more "basic" strings and are cutting them in all ways
possible but not as collections.

things like detect, inject etc are not really in the repertoire of other
languages. Okay, there are chop, split, ... but these are pretty basic
things.

Why not have a test suite with a test for demonstrating how to do these
things with the platform we do have?

e.g. testChomp, testSplit, ...all put in  a Tests-Strings-RubyStyle or
Tests-Strings-PythonStyle packages?

And like there are Seaside-Pharo-XXX packages, why not a String-Ruby-XXXX
thing ?

Phil