On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 7:43 AM, p...@highoctane.be <p...@highoctane.be>wrote:

> When running (from a Zeroconf install):
>
> pharo --headless Pharo.image
>
> it looks like that the window is not opening ( or it is opening and
> closing so fast that I do not see it).
>
> Then I have an image with Seaside, Magritte, and other things.
>
> When doing the same, I do see the window of one second and then it closes.
>
> Is it normal to have that window opening? That's annoying for scripts as
> it doesn't look good.
>
> On OSX I do not have this behavior.
>
> What causes that on Windows?

It's bits in the exe that decide whether it's a console app or a windows
app.  So, at least with the Cog VM, not sure about the Pharo VM, if you
want to run headless you use the SqueakConsole.exe VM instead of the
Squeak.exe VM.  They're identical except in those bits.  Yes the
distinction is stupid; unix doesn't need it, but that's Windows.

--
best,
Eliot