On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.mira...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 7:43 AM, p...@highoctane.be <p...@highoctane.be>wrote:
>
>> When running (from a Zeroconf install):
>>
>> pharo --headless Pharo.image
>>
>> it looks like that the window is not opening ( or it is opening and
>> closing so fast that I do not see it).
>>
>> Then I have an image with Seaside, Magritte, and other things.
>>
>> When doing the same, I do see the window of one second and then it closes.
>>
>> Is it normal to have that window opening? That's annoying for scripts as
>> it doesn't look good.
>>
>> On OSX I do not have this behavior.
>>
>> What causes that on Windows?
>>

> It's bits in the exe that decide whether it's a console app or a windows
> app.  So, at least with the Cog VM, not sure about the Pharo VM, if you
> want to run headless you use the SqueakConsole.exe VM instead of the
> Squeak.exe VM.  They're identical except in those bits.  Yes the
> distinction is stupid; unix doesn't need it, but that's Windows.
>

>> Phil
>>

> --
> best,
> Eliot

So, there is a different way to build/link for each type in Squeak. Now,
with Pharo, there is only one exe in Windows.
Where's that thing in Squeak so that I can try to build the Pharo Windows
headless version by kind of cloning it?

In the CMakeLists.txt of the PharoVM for the Windows build, I do see:

add_definitions(-march=pentium4 -mwindows -D_MT -msse2 -mthreads -mwin32
-mno-rtd -mms-bitfields -mno-accumulate-outgoing-args -D_USE_32BIT_TIME_T
-D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0501 -DWINVER=0x0501 -DWIN32 -DWIN32_FILE_SUPPORT
-DNO_ISNAN -DNO_SERVICE -DNO_STD_FILE_SUPPORT -DLSB_FIRST -DVM_NAME="Pharo"
-DX86 -DSTACK_ALIGN_BYTES=16 -DALLOCA_LIES_SO_USE_GETSP=0 -DENABLE_FAST_BLT
 -g0 -O2 -march=pentium4 -momit-leaf-frame-pointer
-maccumulate-outgoing-args -funroll-loops -DNDEBUG -DDEBUGVM=0)

There are -mwindows and -mwin32 which look like candidates for that switch.

What do I need to use?

TIA
Phil