> On 28 Mar 2014, at 16:53, p...@highoctane.be wrote:
>
> > The look of nautilus button isn't "ok to integrate" since there is much
> more work needed to get this working properly.
> >
> > Now, the scrollbars in 2.0 really suck if you ask me. So, I'd vote for
> that one.
> >
> > Welcome back to the fray.
> >

> So lets revert all the updates of this week, from the problematic ones
> onwards.
>
> But I can only work on that next week.
>
>         Marcus

Please No :)

I am happy about any work that is done, even if it is "some" ui
enhancement, even if it is in feautre freeze phase. Because, we are
a just too small community. Most work is done in developers free time. We
are providing some kind of a "product" (Pharo), but
it is OUR product, we are mostly "commited to ourself".

So, the most important point isn't a release date, but that we are
communicating, discussing, talking about that changes.
Yes, of course, I know it has to be ready at some point, it won't help if
we are working on a pre-release version for years:)

Please let us take that changes, hoping they don't introduced new bugs and
discussing now everything where we had missed
to talk about.

Having said that.
IF YOU have the time to work on Pharo and would like to do some
enhancements now, ok! But try  to step back for one
minute and think to yourself:
are there bugs I can resolve instead?
do some code review instead?
look at the new or really old (maybe all those forgotten) issues on the
buglist.

There are plenty of things that have to be done for the release. But of
course any other change may be worthwhile
as well (first impressions on UI related things may count ten times more
then a handfull fixed bugs).

And if you really want your changes now, make this explicit on the mailing
list:
"hey I would include this enhancement now, because ....., would do you
think?"

Nicolai