Indeed, I read this article several times over the last couple of days.
This work is impressive particularly when combined with the cloud part.

The language itself is less interesting for me, but what makes it stand out
is that it has a coherent and robust philosophy behind and phenomenal goals
to reach. In Pharo, we have the luxury of building on top of coherent and
robust philosophy (even if different from the Wolfram one) and we should
try as much as possible to keep our eyes on phenomenal goals that seem
unreachable.

Another thing I like in Wolfram's work is attention to details:
http://blog.wolfram.com/2008/01/10/ten-thousand-hours-of-design-reviews/

Details are crucial, and all the effort in Pharo around naming and
redesigning what already exists is incredibly important. But, it is
precisely at the moment when we are knee-deep in details that is crucial to
keep our eyes on the phenomenal long term goals.

There is so much to build. Let's be bold.

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"