Hi Marcus,

On Apr 29, 2014, at 6:31 AM, Marcus Denker <marcus.den...@inria.fr> wrote:

> On 29 Apr 2014, at 15:29, Eliot Miranda <eliot.mira...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Without any information on what has been changed these GitHub messages are
>> almost pure noise.  It's more than tedious to expect someone to follow the
>> link to get more info.  Can the system not include at least the commit
>> comment?
>
> There are two mails:
>
> 1) useless
> 2) it has *everything*
> -> changed methods and classes
> -> commit comments
> -> Link to get the diffs very nicely formatted.
>
> Sadly we did not find a way to turn of this one useless mail. There is sadly
> no option.

So who develops github?  Are they willing to provide a third option?
Another potential solution would be to direct the full commit to a server that
filters/edits down the full messages and resends.

Personally I'd like to keep up with the GitHub commits through email but right
now I just delete them.  I could filter them out but that's no better.  :-(