This reminds me of my 3 year stint in a French CAD firm, where I was
witness to many a technical tiff between a senior director and a really
fresh out of college engineer which will look as if its a personal ego
fight. But at the end of the day both will pick their bags and go off to
have a beer / dinner together and come back next morning as good as friends
they ever were.

It taught me in my middle age, arguments over work should never spill over
to personal ego.

But life is short and all of us carry ourselves the way we are
conditioned...!

What is right and wrong, is mostly not cast in stone, but when it becomes
contentious, it is just ok to give experience the right of way..