On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 11:28:24AM +0200, Santiago Bragagnolo wrote:
>  I may be wrong, but I think the closest thing out there is Slang. Is the
> pseudo smalltalk used to develop the VM.

A bit off topic, but just for clarification: "Slang" is not a language. It
is just a casual name to refer to the subset of Smalltalk that can be easily
translated to a language such as C. Some of this Smalltalk may be written
in awkward ways in order to make sure it can be translated to a lower level
language, but it is real Smalltalk nonetheless.

The VM is not written in Slang, it is written in Smalltalk. When people talk
about running the VM simulator, they are talking about running the VM in its
native Smalltalk implementation, as opposed to running the code that is more
commonly translated to C and linked to the platform support code.

There is no psuedo Smalltalk involved, it is the real thing.

Dave