On 21/10/14 14:20, kilon alios wrote:
I may have but then halos have been abandoned in pharo at least functionality wise ,

Why are you saying that. You can get halos on any morph, just halos do not show up when you do not want them.
I have not seen any improvement to them from when I started using Squeak 2 years ago and if I remember there were once a time you had to enable them in pharo settings.

Did you ever look at the code of Halos? Halos are not defined per Morph but in a global tables. So we started to clean them.

Also both a gui builder for squeak and another for pharo have been abandonware . So it looks pharo is not doing well on GUI front especially when it has to compete with gui designers in visual basic, visual studio, QT, GTK and many more.
Do you think that spec is nothing in terms of dev. Give me 1/1000 of the ressources put on one of this project and we will have a real UIBuilder.

Stef