We're getting a spirited debate at  Reddit
<http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/2rquwv/the_smalltalk_revolution/>
. Perhaps someone can respond to BigPeteB's complaint:

"Uh, except that every other computing system in common use is file-based.
When I worked in Squeak, the only way to share code was to export objects to
file (tricky, since there's no way to guarantee that you got all of the
prerequisites you might need) or share your entire 50MB code image. How
exactly is either of those supposed to work in a modern development
environment?"