Le 13/01/2015 07:03, Hernán Morales Durand a écrit :
Hi Alain,

You have a Log4s podcast here

http://www.jarober.com/blog/blogView?entry=3509625595

and documentation here

http://www.instantiations.com/docs/852/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=sg/log4s.530.8.html

I have a real web application using Log4s here:
http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~hernan/IGEVET
and a repository where I try to post fixes or any improvement:
http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~hernan/Log4s (don't hesitate to ask me
for access if you want to contribute)

Hi Hernan,

Thank you for the pointers.

I think today there are two very different use cases of a logging system : in production, where you need a robust, efficient and if possible standard (for example one that logs to system logs in a standard way, why appenders are importants IMHO), and in development, where you need to log information about your program to help you in your developement. I also asked that myself, what makes logging objects different from "standard" logging systems? May be as you say, is not so different, and may be also with growth of the "platform as a service" trend, administrators and operation systems engineers will become developers (or builders) of their own production platform, some kind of new developers?
And using standard logger with objects, appenders could make the difference

What I also like in the Beacon approach is that it is event driven.
Having sensors plugged in the code looks very attractive.

Let us know if you have specific questions.

Cheers,

Hernán

--
Regards,