I also can't wait to have a slot to automatically add instance variables in
the additional method state for CompiledMethod subclasses. This shouldn't
be tricky for you any more, should it ? I'm bored of not being able to add
instance variables to compiledMethod subclasses :-).

Having automatically inst vars in a dictionary is interesting it could
allow to have more inst vars than the maximum limit.