> On 27 Feb 2015, at 19:48, Thierry Goubier <thierry.goub...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Markus,
>
> if I understand correctly some of the possibilities:
>
> - I can use RBParseTreeSearcher / RBParseTreeRewriter on the twin AST.
>
> (any example how to install / invalidate the twin AST after an effective
> RBParseTreeRewriter operation?)

Yes, but I would do it on a copy… that is, do the change in run:with:in: on a
copy, generate code from that,
keep the original.
An AST that follows the text is kind of nice for e.g. navigation.

> - Any change to the Twin AST is reflected in the method bytecode (as long as
> one does invalidate).

yes.

> This would mean being able to put tracing code with RB patterns, no? And
> without having to do a recompilation of the traced method?

Yes. At first I want to have something simple: a MOP based on the MetaLinks.
But one could do the same with RB transformations:
put them as annotation on the method, then on recompile take them into account.

        Marcus