I think this is a bug, introduced early in the move from squeak to pharo.
(It used to work in squeak).
Although we don't have any use of a "pure" TextMorph (I don't know of any
place/project,
either it uses String/LabelMorphs for texts or it uses another
TextEditorMorph), without any pluggableXXXMorph around it, I think we
should fix this.

> On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 5:31 PM, Stephan Eggermont <step...@stack.nl>
> wrote:
>
>> TextMorph new contents: 'Text'; openInWorld
>

> I don't know anything about this area, but thought it would be interesting
> to dig...
>
> There is only one implementor of #editView which is TextMorphEditView, a
> subclass of TextMorph. But...
>     TextMorphEditView new contents: 'Text'; openInWorld
>
> right-click gives... "MessageNotUnderstood: receiver of "model" is nil" in
> TextMorphEditView>>handleInteraction:
> in this code...
> self editor model: editView model.  "For evaluateSelection, etc"
> where /editView/ ivar is nil.  Only TextMorphEditView>>setEditView:
> stores into this, and this has only one sender:
>     PluggableTextMorph>>configureTextMorph:
>
> Then I notice method  "PluggableTextMorph class >> on: text: accept:",
> so creating the following with usual accessors with Transcript tracing in
> them...
>
>     Object subclass: #MyData
>   instanceVariableNames: 'text'
>   classVariableNames: ''
>   category: 'MyPlay'
>
> The following lets me edit and save...
>     (PluggableTextMorph on: (MyData new text: 'hello') text: #text accept:
> #text:) openInWorld
>
> Though saving doesn't clear the yellow triangle and I don't yet know how
> to restrict it to one line without a scroll bar (if you needed that?)

We have PluggableTextFieldMorph, that is used in
UITheme>>#newTextEntryIn: aThemedMorph for: aModel get: getSel set: setSel
class: aClass getEnabled: enabledSel help: helpText