>>> here is a minimal change to the way it uses the cache, or omitting the
>>> cache after the correct version
>>> wasn't find in the cache.
>>>
>>> What do you think, may this work?
>>>

>> I'm not sure the problem is there. Often, in configurations, you don't
>> have the full version info, just the mcz name :( And I would expect that a
>> given repo has a single mcz with a given name (i.e. the repo cache should
>> be working properly)...
>>
>> Nice find that each file based repository has a cache in addition to the
>> main package cache....
>>

> The problem is that the package "loading" again searches the cache,
> without the version id:
>
> search for package with name+id
> -> search cache for package with name+id -> "not found
> -> search other repos
>     -> other repo:
>         -> search again the cache for package with name+id -> "not found"
>             -> load version with name
>                 -> search cache for package with *name only* -> "Found"
>                 "other" repo thinks it has loaded its package with that
> name
>                 -> compare name+id -> "not found"
> <- nothing found, even if it is (online) in other repo.

Are you sure? Because the code you describe does not correct/affect that.

'self versionFromFileNamed: fileName'

looks only into that special repository cache, not the global one.

We need to build test repositories to have correct coverage of those
issues, because at the moment I'm not sure I understand the case you are
describing :(

Thierry