Hi,

> On 11 Jun 2015, at 08:55, Torsten Bergmann <asta...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> maybe you already noticed. The latest update for Pharo 5 which is 50103 (see
> [1]).
> includes a new tool called "Catalog Browser".
>
> Where to go
> ===========
>
> You will find it under "Tools" -> "Catalog Browser" and it will display the
> configs together with the catalog metadata like project description.

this is the most important, so people can actually know what a project is about
:)
but of course, that depends on you providing information in catalog methods!

> The code is managed with a configuration similar to what we have for
> a few other packages/projects. The tool was written by Esteban Lorenzano with
> small
> improvements like spotter integration from my side. Feel free to contribute
> more features.
>
> The repository can be found on SmalltalkHub [2].
>
> This new tool basically gives you access to all available configurations
> aggregated at [3]. You can use a small UI to search and load the configs
> (see world menu -> "Tools" -> "Catalog Browser".
>
> But you can also use Spotter to load a config.
>
> Example on how to load ScriptManager config:
> - open Spotter (SHIFT + ENTER on Windows, ...)
> - type in "Script" and you will find a spotter category "Catalog Projects"
> with "ScriptManager" in it
> - just hit enter and the config is loaded
>
> Same for all others, so try with "Seaside", "MongoTalk", ...
>
> In the short/mid-term this new tool should replace the existing config
> browser as it
> gives more informations about the projects.
>
> What to do next:
> ================
> - give feedback
> - we should update all our configs with catalog descriptions
please, this is vital to have a good entry point to your projects.

> - it would be nice if the spotter integration would include also a preview of
> the project
>  description
+1

> - ...
>
> If you want to contribute just tell Esteban so he can add you to the project.
well no… I just made it public access, so anyone can commit changes there… :)
(And I will move it to PharoExtras team soon, that’s the correct place once
integrated in image… but well… time is tyrant :P)

Esteban

ps: Thanks Torsten to look at it!