A workaround if you absolutely want to use gitfiletree is to install linux
using a VM like virtual box , Ubuntu for example works very well with pharo

https://www.virtualbox.org/

This way you avoid booting to another OS , you can also share your git
folder to both windows and linux vm. This way you can use gitfiletree
without ditching windows. Of course dual boot can work too if you dont need
to use Pharo with windoom.

VM option works also if you want to install MacOS on your windows pc.