Hi Levente,

Le 28/09/2015 23:54, Levente Uzonyi a écrit :
On Sun, 27 Sep 2015, Ferlicot D. Cyril wrote:

An other point is that git file tree will not work on Windows if we do
not fix the problem of the stdio. And a lot of people out of the
community use Windows, so this is not a issue we should forget. Most of
the people I know in company use Windows, so if we want to attract
people this problem need to be corrected.

If there are so many windows users, then how can it be that none of them
managed to explain what the actual problem with stdio handling is. I had
asked about the problem a while ago, but I still haven't got an answer:
http://forum.world.st/Google-Code-Shutdown-tt4814760.html#a4840937 .

Well, I changed the code using ProcessWrapper with your suggestions following that exchange, but my code stay fairly naive [1] (and would need to run under debug), and I didn't have someone testing on Windows.

Am I writing that code correctly? If you see the equivalent code using OSProcess[2], you understand that, as GitFileTree is a heavy hitter(*) on the external commands framework, I am prepared to work very closely with that layer including inside the vm plugin code (and David T Lewis helped me a lot to fix random lockups we had).

Thierry

(*) Running the gitfiletree integration tests launches probably over a hundred external commands in quick succession.

[1] https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/blob/pharo5.0/repository/MonticelloFileTree-Git.package/MCFileTreeGitRepository.class/class/runProcessWrapperGitCommand.in..st

[2] https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/blob/pharo5.0/repository/MonticelloFileTree-Git.package/MCFileTreeGitRepository.class/class/runOSProcessGitCommand.in..st

Levente