> On 29 Sep 2015, at 01:13, Ferlicot D. Cyril <cyril.ferli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Le 28/09/2015 23:54, Levente Uzonyi a écrit :
>>
>> If there are so many windows users, then how can it be that none of them
>> managed to explain what the actual problem with stdio handling is. I had
>> asked about the problem a while ago, but I still haven't got an answer:
>> http://forum.world.st/Google-Code-Shutdown-tt4814760.html#a4840937 .
>>
>> Levente
>>

> The problem is that gitfiletree use OSProcess and OSProcess use Stdio to
> get the state or the exit value of a command for example.
> But in Windows Stdio is just an ugly hack. It doesn't use the stdio but
> create 3 files (stdin, stderr' stdout) in the working directory and
> write/read this files. But as Windows doesn't use that we can't
> communicate with the system.

ah yes, I remember when I made that :)
it was for been able to run CI on windows… and I remember I told Christophe
“let’s do this crap until we find a real solution”.
That was like 4yrs ago :P

So, I still does not have a real solution because GetStdHandle funtion in
windows does not work for non console apps.
Maybe we could solve this redirecting the outputs (SetStdHandle)?
I’m not a windows user and I don’t really know deeply this stuff, but I’d
gladly accept any contribution to fix this issue (or at least to fix OSProcess).

Esteban