> Yes,
>
> -> there is a bug somewhere that flattens traits in some cases

Any idea how to fix this?

I already provided a fix for the package fileout:
( 10808 Bad behavior on FileOut/FileIn tool when using traits)

But for Monticello packages, this works differently. A quick look at
MCPackage>>#snapshot shows:
    rPackageSet methods
        do: [:ea | definitions add: ea asMCMethodDefinition]
        displayingProgress: [ :ea| 'Snapshotting methods...' ].

    rPackageSet overriddenMethods
        do: [:ea | definitions add:
                    (rPackageSet changeRecordForOverriddenMethod: ea)
asMCMethodDefinition]
        displayingProgress: [ :ea| 'Searching for overrides in ', ea
asString ].

here, rPackageSet methods
and rPackageSet overrriddenMethods
create RGMethodDefinition for all, trait and non trait methods.

We could try to solve this by adding a #reject:

    rPackageSet methods reject:#isFromTrait .....