> On 18-11-15 22:01, Thierry Goubier wrote:
>
>> Normal GUI behavior is that selection switch to collapsed item if
>> selection was previously among that item children.
>>

> Using a different icon to show partial selection, and perhaps a
> contextmenu to do 'select all subnodes, deselect all subnodes'?

Maybe. I haven't checked if the rule above holds for multi-selection. I
checked:

In multi-selection, if main/first selection is among the item children,
that selection switch to parent item upon collapse all all secondary
selections among the children are deselected.

(Reference: Thunderbird 38.3.0)

I had difficulties finding the right decomposition to express that between
the model and the view, and I'm not entirely satisfied with the solution.
Maybe it could be left to the application using the widget, but, even at
that level, writing it properly is hard (and it would be good that the
toolkit provides for proper behavior to make the life of the application
designer easier).

Thierry