> On 19/11/15 13:17, Thierry Goubier wrote:
>
>> Maybe. I haven't checked if the rule above holds for multi-selection.
>>

> Looking in some more detail at it, the behaviour of Thunderbird seems
> incorrect. Collapse and expand should restore the selection. I might want
> to add en element to the selection that is much easier reached by
> collapsing a subtree. Thunderbird loses the selection, and doesn't indicate
> how much of the subtree is selected.

Hum, it may be an interesting feature to have. But...

I have a very clear idea of how complex that feature you are asking for is
to implement properly in the general case and I won't consider implementing
it if there is no strong justification for it.

I'd prefer FTTree to get the basics right and, maybe, let the application
track down that level of complexity if needed(*). I do find the FT core
code to already carry far too much features (search, filtering) for my
confort.

(*) In no less part because it may make the component very slow for very
large trees, so I'd consider this is an application level decision to
implement such a feature, because the application knows if it is dealing
with large or small trees.

> Maybe it could be left to the application using the widget,
>> but, even at that level, writing it properly is hard (and it would be
>> good that the toolkit provides for proper behavior to make the life of
>> the application designer easier).
>>

> The best way to ensure consistency is to make it easy to do the right
> thing, yes.

But be reasonable in what you ask. As far as I can see, FT doesn't have a
proper drag and drop behavior yet.

Thierry