> On 20 Nov 2015, at 22:37, Nicolai Hess <nicolaih...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> GTDummyExamples class
> d: anInteger
>     <gtExample>
>     <label: 'Dummy #d:, depends #c:'>
> anInteger'>
>     <depends: #c:>
>     <raises: Literal constant expected -> MessageNotUnderstood>
>
>     ^ 1 + anInteger
>
> The old Parser complains about the class name "MessageNotUnderstood" used as
> a pragma
> argument without being a string or symbol
>
> Opal does not complain
>
> Is Opals behavior intended ?

it actually is compiled as a literal… maybe the idea was that it follows how
literal arrays work? #(thisisasymbol).
But yes, it it confusing and should be changed.

> From squeaks bugtracker : http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7770
> <http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7770>
>
> Cascading message sends to super.
>
> Compiler refuses to compile
> super
>     initialize;
>     setListProperties
>

> It looks like Opal would compile this to
>
> super initialize.
> super setListProperties.
>
> Intended ?

We just use RBParser (or started with RBParser). I think it is intended.

> Do we want to keep it?

Yes, I actually like it.

> NBNativeCodeGen
> parseOptions: optionsArray
> uses association symbol -> block instead of block -> block
> for caseOf arguments.
> The old parser does not accept this.

I would say that we change it to be like the old and change set one user.

        Marcus