Hi,

> On Feb 20, 2016, at 7:45 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <marianop...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 6:41 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are recurring questions about GTSpotter, along the lines of:
>
>         why Spotter does not work well for 95% of the cases
>                 - implement
>                 - send
>                 - class
>                 - class refs?
>
> This is in the latest #50591, BTW.
>
> Starting with the 3rd one, searching for classes, that has been working well
> since day one and has benefited from general improvements.
>
> 'zncl' gives me ZnClient immediately.
>
> Yes, you have to learn how to dive into a result to expand it, but that is
> not often needed in this case.
>
> 'readstream', then first arrow (or cmd-shit-right), then 'co' gives me
> ZnCodePointReadStream and ZnEncodeReadStream.
>
> In both cases, just typing enter browses the class, which is what I want.
>
> Both implementers and senders do work well today, you just have to figure out
> how (learnability is an issue, but not everything can be obvious in this
> world).
>
> 'get: #i' but also, 'get:' + cmd-m gives you all implementors of #get: and
> spotter automatically expands from a limited set of 5 matches to 100
>

> It does not here. Here, using 50594, doing 'get: +i' does not give me all
> implementors of #get: as you said, but all the implementors MATCHING #get:.
> In fact, those with #get: (exactly) are not even sorted on top. See attached
> screenshot.

This is caused because of ordering. This is an issue that is open since a long
time, and we have a hard time finding the right solution. But, we are still
trying. We now made it explicit on the issue tracker:
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/17656/Spotter-should-sort-search-results

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"If you interrupt the barber while he is cutting your hair,
you will end up with a messy haircut."