On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 8:36 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <esteba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16 Mar 2016, at 13:28, GitHub <nore...@github.com> wrote:
>
> 17797 random crash while trying to dispose a NULL handle
> https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/17797
>

> again, this is an attempt against the "Font crashing VM” bug… please I need
> all reports possible… even if you think is the same as before (even if IS
> the same as before).
>
> thanks!
> Esteban

I am using a fresh Tracker image per attached refresh.sh
Debian 8 Jessie 32-bit
Pharo5.0 Latest update: #50647
CoInterpreter VMMaker.oscog-eem.1726 Mar 15 2016 Jenkins build #576

After one refresh, after starting Image, in Playground and doing the
following several times...
   "[A]" ImageWorker do: [ 1 + 1] within: 2 seconds onTimeout: [ self
inform: 'timeout' ]

1. In parent did [A] and got...
      Error: External Image Failed: 34304
      ImageWorker>>handleForkedImageResultWithExitStatus:

2. In parent did [A] and got...
      Error: External Image Failed: 34304
      ImageWorker>>handleForkedImageResultWithExitStatus:

3. In parent did [A], and in child got...
      FT2Error: Freetype2 primitive failed [error 2][unknown file format]
      FreeTypeFace(FT2Handle)>>primitiveFailed:
      FreeTypeFace(FT2Handle)>>primitiveFailed
      FreeTypeFace(FT2Face)>>primNewFaceFromExternalMemory:size:index:
      FreeTypeFace(FT2Face)>>newFaceFromExternalMemory:index:
      FreeTypeFace>>create
      FreeTypeFace>>validate
      FreeTypeFont>>face
      FreeTypeFontProvider>>fontFor:familyName:
      LogicalFontManager>>bestFontFor:whenFindingAlternativeIgnoreAll:
      LogicalFontManager>>bestFontFor:
      LogicalFont>>findRealFont
      LogicalFont>>realFont
      LogicalFont>>installOn:foregroundColor:backgroundColor:
      FormCanvas>>drawString:from:to:in:font:color:
      FormCanvas(Canvas)>>drawString:in:

4. In parent did [A], and in child got...
      FT2Error: Freetype2 primitive failed [error 2][unknown file format]

5. In parent, did a save&quit. Tried to restart from command line got...
      primNewFaceFromExternalMemory:size:index:
      stack page bytes 4096 available headroom 2788 minimum unused headroom 3020
  (Segmentation fault)
     Aborted